Friday, August 26, 2011

Hallie begins the trek toward building

Hello EcoDs,
I haven't used this blog yet, I thought today is a good day to start.  I pick up my SIPs today.  What is a SIP?  It is a Structurally Integrated Panel (acronym SIP).  Basically, it is insulation sandwiched between the house exterior material and the house interior material.  In my case, the panels are made of, from outside to inside: aluminum + ply + rigid foam insulation + pretty ply.  They come in many sizes.  In my case, they are mostly 4 x 8 foot panels, which is the size of a standard sheet of plywood.  Ken Disch, at Eagle Panel Systems has helped in coordination with myself and Mark Taylor to provide me with enough SIP panels to put the entire dwelling together quickly and in a way that allows a cantilvered beamless stage design.  He is saving me tons of time by connecting the SIP subfloor to the flatebed trailer.  From the experience of drilling into Sarah's trailer, I can tell you it is a difficult job that I am grateful to the experts for completing!

So, later this afternoon I go to Mulberry Grove, IL, attach my new (to me) diesel truck to my new (to the world!) flatbed trailer w/ attached SIP subfloor.  I say goodbye to the midwest, and begin my journey west!

Stay tuned for pictures and more posts.... meanwhile, check out our website.  Sarah and I updated it and made a few changes for clarity's sake.  I hope you like it! --Hallie

No comments:

Post a Comment