Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Paper Mache

After ruining the beautiful birchwood floor of my Eco-Mobile from consistently building and living inside the structure, I figured out how to beautify it again. Tearing out the floor and starting from scratch was not an option, but I remembered a co-worker from Texas mentioning the use of paper mache on wood and concrete floors. I did a bit of research, gathered a few things, and began. Below are some photos of the process. All in all, a very inexpensive and physically easy process.



 
I took out the loose boards from inside and brought them to my work site. All the paper was old packing paper from Japan. It had been saved by a friend and now there was a use for it!


  before and after photos


 Before and after photos inside the structure
 








I love that I can still get into the storage spaces with ease.






What's next for my design? 
*Outfitting the bottom of the floor boards with hinge, leg systems so that they easily transform into tables and desks. 
*adding a pulley system for the stage platforms
*adding solar panels
*adding a rainwater catchment and filtration system


Thanks for reading:)
Best,
S


No comments:

Post a Comment